New Cleaning Provider & Contract
Coundon Primary School
A recent DCSF survey identified cleaning services as the second largest area of spend for most schools, after permanent and supply staff.
Many schools are now focusing on cleaning as a budget area where there may be significant potential to save money through better procurement.
Coundon Primary School, as members of SJ Solutions, asked us to help them procure a new cleaning provider and contract.
- SJ Solutions met & interviewed a number of local cleaning companies obtaining references before inviting them to tender for the contract
- We held meetings alongside the school with each company to ascertain what the school wanted from their new contract and what their current concerns were
- We made sure all TUPE regulations were met for staff with each cleaning company as it was essential these regulations were met
- SJ Solutions pulled together all the tenders and presented them to the school in a format suitable for their board of governors
- Overall saving for the school was over £3k per annum